View Single Post
(#20)
Old

Default 07-09-2015, 05:30 AM

3 Week Thailand Cambodia Vietnam

I'm a couple of days into my first solo trip and loving it so far. Its amazing at how much it builds your confidence and as a result, game.

Saturday night - Bangkok

Having been checking all the sites out during the day i decide to have an evening drink at the hotel/hostels bar before go out on a strip called Khaosan Road which is like an Ibiza party street that's mental with bars street food sellers clothes etc

Sitting on the hotels front patio I see a cute blonde girl about 25 texting. I sit on the front patio with my beer and smoke. There's a large German group behind us chatting too.

After a few minutes I look over and say to her is she English. She smiles and says she's German. She seems cool, we chat for about half hour, she's not with that group but a girl mate, although she mentions a boyfriend back home but that doesn't stop her chatting away. After 15 minutes she says she has to pop upstairs, which I'm not bothered about as we're only chatting. But she comes back a few mins later with some ciggies and I light her fag. We do some selfies etc then she goes to her mate whose just come in, we hug and say bye and I head to the strip.

This is the first time I think ive ever been on a night out just me but it doesn't feel that bad probably because I imagine there's a lot of similar travellers about.

I go to a rammed lively bar and get a beer inside, 2 girls come to the bar talking english, I say oh no not more english people! They laugh and ask where I'm from. One of the girls is from Surrey, I give her a dig about her being a posh girl etc They say am I Solo travelling, I tell a porkie and say I'm with a mate but he's met a girl and gone home with her and rather than go home I thought I'll stay out as everyone is so friendly. I should have probably just said I'm solo travelling but suppose It's no big deal.

We chat for about 10 mins then another girl they know comes in and they join her. They all seem interested in this Thai guy.

I stay at the bar and chat to one of the local guys who's out with some girls, he has a comedy oversize beer tube with a tap and we high five and chat for a bit lol

After a while a Dutch girl wonders over from her mates nearby and orders a drink next to me at the bar. I say where is she from, Eindhoven, we chat loads about England, bangkok etc she go's back to mates but say I should join, her two other mates are chatting to 2 dudes it looks like they just met. I'm still chatting to the Dutch bird, occasionally one of her mates and then get the dude involved so he doesn't try and cockblock. I'm not sure of the dynamic but later all the girls leave together and me and the guys there lol

It's now late, I'm about to go into the local shop for some munchies before bed, walking out are 3 Thai girls and 2 chodey looking Thai guys. I say to the cutest girl I like your blue dress as I'm walking in and not even looking for a response. She smiles.

After my shop I leave and the group are all still there chatting, I reinitiate with blue dress girl whose loving it, in the background I hear mate sing, she like you and she tells her to shut up with smile. We all end up in a nearby bar chatting, the guys seem a bit frosty and quite young compared to the girl who is 26. I ask the guys name and chat for bit, somehow a connect4 board appears and me and cute girl are playing I beat her and call her a loser with the L symbol on forehead she's laughing. I swap seats so I'm next to her, talking with arm round waist, they all work locally and are out for night out. I remember kissing her shoulder then moving into snog and it's good. We stay for another half hour and we all go, I snog her outside and say bye we have each other's numbers (although I'm off to an island today lol

On the whole a really good night which seemed to just build from nowhere, I would never have done anything like this a year ago.

Last edited by DaveM2015; 07-09-2015 at 06:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveM2015 For This Useful Post:
kowalski (15-09-2015)