View Single Post
(#11)
Old

Default 22-07-2015, 12:24 AM

French road trip - final night. Approaches.

It's the last night of really enjoyable lads road trip down to South france. Mainly it's been catching up, having a laugh and chilling out on the beach.

After my first holiday report above I made a conscious effort to just have fun and not get into my head about approaches. It made things so much easier and more into the present.

As approaching is still something that scares me and is hugely out of comfort zone I'm just focusing on incremental success and not a specific outcome, at this stage a pleasant interaction is a success in my book until I get comfortable.

Tonight we were out in this cool outside bar in the marina, EVERYONE in this town is super French and speak little English even the bar staff which actually makes it funny and more something to step up to.

A group of 6 girls sit at the table next to us and are chatting away, I'm chatting with my mates but additionally now thinking if there's a way I can speak to the girls too.

Cheesily, with my heart beating, I stand up and walk over to them with my phone and say if would they mind taken a photo of us (a bit random but it worked lol) one of the girls is really happy to oblige (one thing I've found about approaching is there's rarely a cold response, it's really nice to break some of my internal conditioning where doing this will be met with disgust/embarrassment by people nearby). We chat additionally for a bit all smiley, I comment on her style and after bit sit back down.

An hour later I notice they have all finished there drinks a long time ago but are still chatting, I want to reopen thank for picture and get advice on where to go next but get in my head and don't. They leave and say by.

At a later bar I'm doing some G&Ts with mates and random shots, 5 really cute girls (about 24ish) walk in with 2 guys and sit down at end of bar, I make sure I'm still having fun with the guys but get a buzz in my stomach that this would scare shit of me so I must approach. Half hour later i order shots and am joking with the barman, once I've paid I deter to their table and open the guy with a smile, saying we're here for one night and can they recommend anywhere fun with music later. Again, it surprises me, no one tells me to F off or looks at me like I'm a weirdo. The girls seem engaged. We chat for about 5 minutes about the place, I say where we've been and how friendly everyone is, later I say bye and return to friends and feel a lot more confident.

Last edited by DaveM2015; 22-07-2015 at 03:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveM2015 For This Useful Post:
kowalski (11-10-2015), PostScript (22-07-2015)