View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default ''I Don't Give My Number Out to Strangers'' - 04-05-2015, 08:03 PM

I don't think anyone has ever given me this response when I've been out, but I do occasionally get it from girls online. I know it's obviously used as an excuse in some cases, when the girl just isn't interested. But it does seem as though it's sincere at times. Which means that there is at least a small proportion of the female population who genuinely won't give their number out to a stranger under any circumstaces on principle. This ignites the armchair psychologist in me. What's your take on it?

I know there are more important issues to think about, but as I said, the psychology of it is interesting. If this way of thinking was more common, very few people would ever get laid, let alone enter a relationship. Insecurity is the first thing that springs to mind. Someone who has been hurt and now believes that the only decent way to a potential relationship is getting to know a guy through friends etc. I think the whole online thing is still seen as a bit dodgy as well, and some girls just won't go there, so there's probably an element of that at play at times.

I think it irks me slightly because it just sounds daft and closed-minded - even childish. I'm usually the 'live and let live' type and try to rationalise things I don't always understand, but this is on my little list of things that make me a tad bit irritated.

Last edited by Enquiring Mind; 04-05-2015 at 08:06 PM.