View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Do Couples find time for sex as they get older? - 19-01-2015, 11:10 AM

I was out at the weekend with several male friends 2 married & 1 engaged, 2 married for 7 & 8 years, the other guy with his other half for 4 years respectively.

A general topic of sex came up, and a couple of them "joked" about how their right hand is their best friend and joked "I'm lucky if I get a ride on my birthday or Xmas". It was all in banter and laughs but I got a strong feeling this wasn't a joke and they were all being serious.

The 2 married guys have 2 & 3 kids respectively ages ranging from 2-6 years old and they are both up on average 6am every day for work & weekends with the kids; the other guy also has a 1 year old and starts work early.

Without grossily thinking about my friends sex lives it made me think: trying to look after 3 kids and being up at that time every morning; when do they even find time to have sex? I've been round him and his wifes house for drinks etc on a weekend and by 10/11pm they are falling asleep on the sofa exhausted ready for bed.

This is in contrast to a girl I work with who's 25, she doesn't live with her bf but moaned to me on a recent night out that they are only doing it around 3 times a week and when they first started going out it was every night, I know a few other younger folks who've said they're at it all the time as well.

So as couples get older, settle into a routine and potentially get married and have children - does that effectively end your sex life? Are my friends being serious and they are probably lucky if they do it a handful of times a month?