Thread: Dice Rants!
View Single Post
(#270)
Old
MASTER PUA
Space Invaders Champion, Typing Test Champion

Default 19-11-2014, 06:01 PM

Long time between posts as always, but a few things have happened and I've been busy dealing with shit. Long story short my albeit brief foray with this new company in Berlin has ended a little prematurely, both myself and the CEO agree its cultural differences. It could well be cultural differences, or it could be that I got drunk at a developer conference after party.

Anyway, I decided to stick it out in Berlin which involved me flying back last week with no job and no place to stay, pretty risky move tbh. Checked out airbnb, got a room for two weeks, and been doing interviews and looking for an apartment, a few interviews down and its looking good, got a room sorted for a few months also, which should be enough for me to find a proper tenancy in Berlin.

Turns out, getting your name on a lease is actually a really difficult process, the agents charge around 2500€ for brokerage fees (for renting), and getting one privately has that much competition you pretty much just have to wait for one of your friends to move so you can take over their lease.

Also, having a registered address is pretty hard too, since most people like to let out a spare room for a indeterminate amount of time, and don't like you getting registered there in case their landlord finds out.

Long story short, shit hit the fan, but I'm glad I got to go through this experience having to fend for myself as I felt a little mollycoddled having everything given to me by the company.

“A problem can not be solved from the same logical level it was created.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D!ce For This Useful Post:
kowalski (21-11-2014), markuk (21-11-2014)