(#27)
Old
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default 14-11-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Disapproval potentially to eventual ostracisation is a central aspect of how communities operate. If everyone called him a cunt, he wouldn't do it... especially an approval seeking cunt like this cunt.

No, that's wrong. But, what exactly are you doing to stop the killing?

Let's just start with social stigma. All the people who think it isn't ok need to fucking behave like it isn't ok. And that seems to include saying "That's not ok" everytime. Why aren't you saying "that's not ok" everytime?
I agree with this in principle and I agree that this action has to start somewhere and if it is a belief that we hold then to be true/authentic to ourselves we should do it. I do however struggle with sympathising/empathising with the social conditioning.

I don’t know how to reconcile the fact that I don’t think we should be using military force and killing in other countries to further politician’s goals but at the same time the military is offered as a socially accepted career and often a « noble » escape path to the general population. I feel that your solution is correct but can I bring myself to be hostile to somebody who is also a victim of somebody else’s greed or perversion?
Quote:
We don't have any such moral obligation. That you think that way just means that you are a nice person.
I would argue that we do have an obligation to stand up for those who are unable to protect themselves (to a degree). If this was not the case, should we care and even try and take any action socially or otherwise against those murdering in the name of queen and country/any other reason? Even if it is just calling them a cunt
Quote:
I have my own ideas about when is a good time to use certain words. This prejudice is only relevant to my own utterances as your ideas about the same are only relevant to yours. I won't tell you or even suggest to you, that you should say certain words when I think they should be used... unless you come to me seeking advice on the matter or I mean to say "don't do that or I'll not associate with you anymore". Don't even imply that others should bow to you.

"dirty words" how can a word be dirty? Only if you write it down and then spill something on it, or some such. There is no such thing as a dirty word in the way that you mean to say it.
Again my skills of expression will and do let me down but I guess dirty isn’t the correct term either. I like the concept of using the right word/phrase at the right time to add the appropriate gravity to what I am trying to say. But this also gives further weight to your point – words can take on whatever meaning you want, use cunt enough and it becomes nothing more than an idiom for arsehole or another insult and you remove any “power” that word has. One such word is awesome - it is incredibly overused instead of good which ticks me off because the few times I have been awestruck by something, it has been more than a cool t-shirt...
I don’t feel words should have power, just an appropriate definition and as my expressive skills are lacking, I generally find it simpler to stick to the dictionary than adapt my own.

One thing I have come back to ponder on is:
"don't do that or I'll not associate with you anymore"
I like it and I don’t think that enough people use it genuinely.

Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone