View Single Post
(#55)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 23-10-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Everything he said about me was correct. Now how did he manage to deduce so much about my personality in this short period of time ? Open mindedness.
It's actually closer to a mix of post hoc rationalisation and the Barnham effect. Tat seemed to assign personality traits to people based on how friendly they were to him. Typically this would be quite generic, but even then not really directly applicable to those people. Examples of this would be calling Broadsword a tin foil hat wearer for some reason, assuming everyone was secretly laughing at Kowalski for some other unknown reason. I was naturally characterised in the worst way because I was the meanest to him. That's why a lot of the stuff he said to me was again not really applicable, which is pretty clear to anyone on here who actually knows me in any context beyond this thread. You were the one engaging with him, being nice to him and defending him, so he ascribed a bunch of generic positive traits to you for the same reason. Things like 'your words reflect very well your good sense and well-balanced nature' or 'you base yourself in truth'. The positive things he said about you were as generic as anything you would get in a horoscope, and you interpreted them as specific to you by virtue of that very reason. You're especially sensitive to this happening on here because everyone else keeps calling you a retard.

You wouldn't pick up on that if you weren't somewhat close minded in a sense, i.e. a sceptic. Without a bit of healthy scepticism you're likely to believe anything, regardless of how true or worthwhile it is, just because it happens to suit you.

If you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stein For This Useful Post:
BobHadTits (24-10-2014), kowalski (23-10-2014)