(#18)
Old
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default 21-08-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
There's killers on the loose using actual physical aggression leading to uncountable and often uncounted injuries and deaths and millions of people, like Dan, call them heroes and millions of others, like Phil, have been tricked into a simple category mistake and spout the nonsense double-think "support the troops not the war" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake). And, these killers they can come on the site and say "Hello, my job is killing people" and that is ok. No one, you included, is going to say anything about that. Then I say something about that and you have something to say about me...
I agree with you and I don't think that being a soldier is something to be applauded.

At the same time growing up in a "rougher" military city, it's sad to see that people turn to the armed forces to escape financial and social poverty and poor education which just ends up breeding further poor education and poverty thus ensuring a tragic circle where very few manage to escape the moral minefield so I guess I harbor some twisted sense of sympathy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
That's really weird, isn't it? Just meditate on that for a while. (Do you meditate? I don't recall.) If you meditate, meditate on that. What is happening there? It seems you have a bad case of the Stockholm Syndrome, just like most people... which is sad. Self-enslavement, an unwitting pawn for the ideology of our oppressors.
I do meditate and I often meditate on whether there is a solution to the barbaric state of the western world.

I agree that action should be taken and we have an obligation to do so, but at the same time there is enough misery caused by the bourgeoise that we shouldn't be beating each other down.

Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone