View Single Post
(#36)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 09-07-2014, 02:37 PM

4oD - The Rules of Seduction

I watched this Chanel 4 documentary sometime last year and this thread made me remember it. So I watched it again.

Adam Lyons features quite heavily in it.

I found the whole thing pretty tragic and at times made for difficult viewing but it's interesting as it does give some insight into what makes these guys tick so I would recommend it, if only from a cautionary perspective.

Highlights include;

Adam speaks of his bad relationship with his mother and whilst he doesn't go into details he does follow it up with the comment that you should 'never chase a bad set'. It's as if he literally views every social interaction with women through PUA tinted glasses. He also justifies his ability to drop interactions when they don't go his way as his 'edge'. For me this is quite a damaging outlook to have when interacting with women. I remember catching myself being like this sometime ago and it made for a very uncomfortable time for me.

This is backed up even more when he has the Skype conversation with his girlfriend Amanda. After commanding her to get her pet dog he turns to the filmmaker and confirms he is gaming her and using frame control. He then says that he's not even sure if he likes her anymore, yet when she returns he belies none of his true feelings for her. There is no shred of authenticity from him, he is a liar and a manipulator. I feel sorry for his girlfriend as she seems to genuinely like him.

When asked by the filmmaker what he wants 'to get out of all this' he replies that he just wants to be 'the best pickup artist in the world'. Take from that aspiration what you will.

He approaches a group of girls while with his girlfriend on the beach and then uses her phone to get their numbers. Whilst she tries to brush it off her face looks pretty crushed. It's the most disgustingly cuntish behaviour in the whole show. The guy comes off as an absolute prick who cares about no one but himself.

This is why I don't think this is the type of person anyone should be learning how to get 'good' with women from.

The whole segment with Ian was literally car crash TV. I felt sorry for this guy, he was the perfect patsy for PUATraining to sink their claws into. The segments where the guys had to role play with Kezia Noble were the most cringe worthy moments of the show.

Darren's story was equally tragic. He'd invested absolutely everything into PUA and whilst it did pay some dividends in so much as he could pull he literally had nothing else going for him. No job, money, house, friends, hobbies or prospects.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phenom For This Useful Post:
hellcat (09-07-2014), Jaz (09-07-2014)