Thread: Stinson Journal
View Single Post
(#226)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 10-06-2014, 07:51 PM

Don't know if anyone watched David Beckham's 90 minute documentary on the BBC last night, if you haven't then I would recommend watching it. I've been a swell guy and posted the link to it here.

He talked a lot about general ego, self improvement, the fact that his young footballing lifestyle demanded 0 time for friends social life, etc..

The general topics that came up in this program resonated with me a lot. All sports I've been a part of, whether in school, club or district level, I have excelled at. I participated at school, club and district level for Football, Archery and Air Rifle Shooting (the 2 latter sports at club and district).

In less than a year I was the best young talent for Archery and Air Rifle shooting in the North East of England; still have my own bows, arrows and gun. I received a huge amount of peer pressure at school for this, peer pressure for being awesome at sports, I couldn't understand it. After a year of constant peer pressure I quit Archery and Shooting; months before the GB Olympic youth trainers were do to watch the district competition I was in. My club trainers and parents pleaded with me not to quit. That is something I regret immensely.

During that period of time, football was probably the sport that meant the most to me. I was working my way up, training daily. At that point my social life consisted of, friends I used to walk to/from school with and people I trained with. However, I was sure that these people from school I trained with were only using me so that they could practice attacking a cross/freekick/etc.. I wasn't bothered at the time.

I was forced to give up football, told not to play competitive impact sports again because my knee and hip are in such a state that if I continued, I'd need replacements before I hit 45yr old. So I gave up on that too. A few months ago I saw an old friend from school and he said he with the ability I possessed he thought I'd be some big shot footballer by now, so what happened. This filled me with regret, anger and a feeling of utter helplessness for the situation.

When I watch England play on the tv and watch the local teams I have a real urge and desire to just say 'fuck it' and fight my way through again. Quitting the sports I quit and for the reasons I quit them, is the reason I'm here on this forum. That's the foundation and that's the reason why I won't quit or give in before reaching my goals.

I do not want to taste regret again.

I am the master of my fate

Last edited by Barney Stinson; 10-06-2014 at 07:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Stinson For This Useful Post:
Serendipity (10-06-2014), top-hat (10-06-2014)