View Single Post
(#24)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 20-03-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
The book is generally aimed at men who have grown up and developed co-dependency tendencies in their relationships (with women in particular). It helps look at the reasons these tendencies are formed (often in childhood) and how they effect later life. It then helps men to break out of the co-dependent cycles and deal with the underlying causes of them.

It could be that these are issues you have never had mate. The book won't be for everyone because not everyone's trouble with women stems from having developed co-dependency issues.
I read NMMNG and it literally blew me to bits; I can relate a lot to it, at times it felt like the book was written personally for me. There's a big theme on abandonment which i can't relate to - but the parts on toxic/sexual shame and lack of a masculine father figure and being too close to your Mother? Pretty much sums me up and a lot of things make sense to me now. I just read the theory and skipped the exercises, but I've signed up to Dr. Glovers forum and I'm going to go back through it and do the exercises. I've also started reading models and I really like the overall theme of vulnerability and honesty..

And finally, reading the Rawness letters article (the one thats about 5 pages long) you recommended on my main opening post on here is also on my to do list as its come up elsewhere in other stuff I've read, just not got round to it yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to BroadswordWSJ For This Useful Post:
Phenom (20-03-2014)