View Single Post
(#22)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 20-03-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
To be honest, I haven't delved too much into it. My initial reaction was that it seems to represent the more extreme and of the masuclinist movement. I give them about as much time as I do the radical feminist movement. Allot like the guys who are very much into pick up, they seem very lost and have a very acidic tone when talking about women. Damaged in some way.

I think it can cause a very dangerous shift in ones mind set, ultimately leading to one becoming very jaded and bitter at the world. You see that mindset amount the causalities of pick up, long serving members of RSD display these qualities frequently as do many of the folk over at PUA Hate. Obviously this isn't true for everybody who buys into the ideology. However I feel, for a great proportion that is true.
I agree in so much as that is what an extreme example consists of. I can attest it is a real thing as I've seen examples of this myself. That being said the extremes of any ideology is inherently negative. I would also add that the people predisposed to gravitating towards to extremes of a spectrum often have a lot of underlying shit going on and any ideology is often just the catalyst for them.

For me personally I'm reminded of the Bruce Lee quote;
“Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.”

As with many things its a case of separating the wheat from the chaff. So long as you can think for your self and adopt a questioning mind instead of agreeing entirely with something you like the sound of you can avoid the pitfalls you described above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
I agree. What we need is a good war.
Perhaps your right but be careful what you wish for.