View Single Post
(#17)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-02-2014, 04:55 PM

First off chill out. We aren't having a go at you specifically. We're having a go at your advice. We aren't dismissing you for having an opinion, we're just explaining the problem with the opinion itself. This here is also not having a go at you, it's just explaining what's wrong with the butthurt rant you just went on.

So your defensive response is that we're being closed minded. Do you realise how simple and obvious your advice was? Try to talk about something the other persons interested in? You seriously think that on a forum where people have been going out picking up girls for years, no one has tried relating to stuff girls might be interested in or going out of their own way to talk to girls on their level? Of course we have dude. We're giving advice from experience that the other way is better for pickup and better for yourself in general.

I actually think you'll struggle to find a forum that fits less into the conventional Neil Strauss pickup model than this one. I'm baffled why you think that. I have no interest in acting alpha. I fucking am alpha. That happened by going out and figuring stuff out for myself, not just simply 'approaching until exhausted', although that's definitely a part of the process. That also doesn't mean I'm trying to act hard or cool all the time. It also doesn't mean that I 'play the loser card'. It means I act like myself. I might bond with people or relate to them, but it's not something I'm going out of my way to try to do.

There's a difference between making a compromise and spending your time reading up on inane bullshit because you think it will make people like you. Regardless of how minor you think that is it's still a diversion from your own personal integrity, and it will implicitly subcommunicate that you don't think that you're good enough to be liked just for you. Stop thinking on the surface level, think about the lower layer.

No one has a 100% success rate, that's a stupid and kind of undesirable idea when you stop and think about it. That's a childish and unrealistic thing to expect, regardless of how hard you try. I do however see it as hugely important to be congruent with my own values and honest about myself with people, regardless of whether they like me or not. Aside from anything else I don't want everyone to like me. I'd rather filter through the fakeness and bullshit and have the truly worthwhile people like me. With this kind of honesty more people tend to like you in general anyway, because they can tell you aren't bullshitting them.

I do however get laid with a level of ease that makes the whole pickup thing about as challenging as making a sandwich these days, and I know exactly how I do that. it's the same with some of the other more experienced guys on here. So yes. We know what works best from personal experience. When I read your idea my reaction wasn't 'Ugh, a new idea, SHUN!', it was 'Oh, I remember that kind of idea. So you're at that stage huh?'

Again, it wasn't about you, it was about your idea. We've seen it all before and we know what's wrong with it. People who get defensive and take it personally rarely last on here. So chill out and take our advice. It just might be good for you.

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stein For This Useful Post:
D!ce (01-03-2014), kowalski (28-02-2014), markuk (01-03-2014), Phenom (28-02-2014), Serendipity (28-02-2014)