View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 27-02-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
I totally get where you're all coming from, I do, but I dont think its a question of compromising your own personal integrity.
How is it not? You said yourself
Quote:
I couldnt give two shits as to who's out singing who on Britains Got the Voice Factor, nor do I particular care for the trails and tribulations facing the residents of Essex, Chelsea
So therefore why bring this up with some girl you like the look of? Not only is it a compromise of your own integrity but your judging the girl already on the assumption she's interested in gossip rags on no basis whatsoever.

Quote:
Id be much happier discussing the finer points of Godard vs Truffaut
Cool, do that then, at least its more authentic to who you are.

Quote:
but I know myself well enough not to do so to everyone I meet
Why does it have to be so extreme. Have you thought about just bringing up the weather or something the girl is wearing that's sparked your interest. You don't have to talk about your favourite French film director straight away.

Quote:
and more importantly don't take myself serious enough to think that I'm compromising my integrity by trying to find common ground with someone, who's interests might be the complete polar opposite of my own.
What a contradiction. By your own admission celeb gossip isn't a interest of yours so how would it even be common ground? Having polar opposite interests is perfectly acceptable, maybe your missing this point?

Quote:
The very nature of the beast means your invariably at some point in your life going to be thrust into a situation in which you need sure footing; a common ground.
I would agree and would also say that when I've been in these situations never once was the common ground found in trivial celeb gossip.

Quote:
For the record, I used to eschew the cult of 'celebrity-ism' so celebrated in the pages of Heat and the like, its voyeurism at its worst, but I unfortunately recognised a long time ago that it was something that the females seem to revel in, indeed they're the target audience, there is literally a sub genre of magazines that have been created just to fulfil their need for it, so it only seems logical to verse yourself in it, and like I said, I'm talking the smallest of amounts here.
So you compromised your own values on something you openly eschewed at the behest of garnering female attention. This makes you sound like a pussyhound.

Quote:
As I wrote in the former, its a neat trick, but by no means a strategy.
Its neither of those things. It's nonsense.

Quote:
Its not exactly opener material but a little further down the line it can be useful.
How? It's a lie, you will get found out and you will look stupid.

Quote:
Ultimately, you may not need it, but someone else (even just one single guy) might, its horses for courses, no one universal rule and all that.
Unfortunately there's a mountain of guys that will eat this shit up in an effort to get the glorious prize of the golden diamond encrusted vagina.

Quote:
And yeah, of course I made the 80% up
Thought so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phenom For This Useful Post:
kowalski (28-02-2014), Serendipity (28-02-2014)