View Single Post
(#1)
Old
New User

Default The Art of Small Talk Part 1: Or, Why reading the Daily Mail is actually good for you - 27-02-2014, 09:34 AM

First real post guys so please go easy...Im new here. No grand interpretation of social dynamics or the inner workings of the female brain here, just some decent advice thats helped me time and tme again...

Right off the bat let me start by saying I couldnt give two shits as to who's out singing who on Britains Got the Voice Factor, nor do I particular care for the trails and tribulations facing the residents of Essex, Chelsea ET All on whatever reality show is currently doing the rounds on terrestrial. What I do care about is how these things and other such pieces of trivial garbage can help me in creating rapport with people I've never met before but want to establish a line of good communication with. Admittedly this isn't a fool proof strategy that will work universally with everyone (That cute PHD student you've had your eye, this isn't meant for her...but then again who knows!), but lets be honest, over 80% of the UKs population, and more specifically the females of the species, are obsessed with gossip and Saturday night TV viewing and its here that our friends at the Daily Mail come in.

Every few days I spend a total of around 5 minutes looking at the Mail's websites top trashy news stories, not because I'm particularly interested in them (Im not I assure of that) but because within there 'barely passes for journalism' pages is the perfect mixture of bubblegum light rapport building bull-turd, guaranteed to help you along the way, if/when conversations becomes stilted and/or you find yourself trying to establish a good line of dialogue. Ive chatted to thousands of women, and even the most dim have an opinion on who they like/dont like on this years Pop Factor Voice Talent and whats more once you get them talking about it/them/whatever chances are they'll find it hard to stop. Let them talk, smile, pretend that you know who Joey Essex is, and then reap the rewards when she comes away thinking what a funny and interesting guy you are. Its a neat trick and one easily implemented into your routine, hell, a lot of you probably already do it without realising how it might assist you come weekend.

That's all folks. Sorry if it sucks

Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to Faust For This Useful Post:
BroadswordWSJ (27-02-2014)