View Single Post
(#20)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 14-10-2009, 02:47 PM

@Nova, I think you've not grasped my point or perhaps I didnt make myself clear.

I'm not dismissing 'Pick-up' at all, or lines or routines...on the contrary. Particularly for anybody who is new at this or for anybody who wants to start out I'd recommend them. In Katyas case all I'm suggesting is she checks out the Blue-print if she hasn't already, it's clear she knows her shit and she's familiar with PUA terminology, routines, tactics etc, she's not a newbie. I was just suggesting another avenue for her to explore that's all. I imagine she's at a level beyond relying on lines/routines etc.

I have no problem with others using lines and routines, it's where I came from and I'm not ashamed that I ran the tattoo opener well into the ground! In fact with new guys I would recommend they start the ball rolling by approaching with lines or routines for the simple reason it just gets them approaching and opening their mouths to strangers. From there most guys (with any sense) begin to realise of their own accord that outer-game tactics are often a quick-fix and that to really be successful and happy within yourself you need to work on and put more emphasis into your inner-game.

When I first got into this I wanted to know lines, routines, I was all about outer-game thinking to myself fuck inner game. (TD is portrayed in this way in the game, but look where he is now!) I did this because Inner-game concepts were too difficult for me to understand at the time and too much time was to be invested in inner-game that I wasn't prepared to give. I wanted quick-fixes and solutions, this is lazy. Over-time my attitude shifted and I came to realise the benefits of inner-game and personal growth. I believe many guys follow this evolution of game. So by no means whatsoever am I casting any snobbery over pick-up lines or routines.

Even now if I'm struggling for something to say, I will resort to canned material if need be.

For me I see lines and routines as abit like the stabilisers on a bike, maybe not the greatest analogy but here goes... When you are riding a bike with stabilisers yes you are riding the bike, but it's not you keeping yourself balanced on the bike, you are supported by the stabilisers. When you are teaching a kid to ride a bike many of us would agree to use stabilisers is a good thing. If however after 6 months of teaching he/she is still riding with the stabilisers on, is that really a good thing?

This thread is getting abit off topic now,..but I felt I had to make myself more clear.

It was fear of myself that made me odd