Thread: Shah's Journal
View Single Post
(#637)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 22-01-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahanshah View Post
I didn't know closing was a sales reference until a recently. Its a good term for what you're doing. Its not a PUA term either, lots of people use it in America.
I can see why it's been adopted for pickup. It's snappy. But I'm trying to avoid using terms now that imply you are taking something (closing the sale, i.e. getting someone to part with their cash, or in this case give you sex). You're not taking anything.

A big problem I had at the start was I didn't see that I had any value compared to the girls I wanted to approach. I'm managing to re-wire that to believe that my value is me and it's enough. The pickup is just getting better at putting that across.

The sex is a natural consequence of the interaction and she wants sex as much as you do. It either happens the same night or maybe some time later if you get the number. I don't want the idea that I'm taking anything into my reality. You're not taking value, you're giving it. Conversely you're not selling anything. You should also assume a positive response because you know your value even if she doesn't realise it yet. Your only giving her the opportunity to talk to you and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahanshah View Post
You're measure of success should be looking back on your night and thinking "With what I am now I couldn't have done much better", approaching is easy so its a rather low bar to set for success.
I think he meant you will learn to get better with women from regular approaching, even if you're not trying to do anything else. If you don't approach nothing will happen. Success could be "I know a bit more about interacting with women than I did before that approach".

But I agree with what you're saying we do also think about where we are in progressing and how to improve. The best way is just to ease up and get in the flow and things progress naturally. Sometimes we think we are stuck when it's just the natural ups and downs you get when learning any new skills. The main thing is to keep going.

In fact when it seems like you're going backwards, that's usually a sign you need to put more effort in because the next jump in learning is just about to happen (that's an old DD tip).

Can't live with them, can't live with them