Thread: New to POF
View Single Post
(#15)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 09-01-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleinthedark View Post
I would disagree. I think if you are a very attractive person with qualifying pictures then your profile is less important.

However if you're attractive in an average way then profile text can make or break.
Many girls will message you back if they like what they see (your message), without looking at your profile. If they like or intrigued by the situation, it will flow.

Try signing up to an online dating site, without putting any info apart from your pictures (attractive or not) and the basic description which it asks for in drop down-style questions answers. Then message girls in the same way you would with your written profile.

Quote:
I think this is irrelevant. Maybe if you don't fill in your profile as you mentioned above, it's more congruent to put whatever in the other fields but I find looking for dating works best. It means you're not looking for a relationship but you have more to offer than your penis.
That, I assume would be the 'casual sex' or 'no commitment' option. Putting 'friends' or 'hangout' doesn't imply you're wanting to get your dick wet. To me it's basically like saying, "I want to meet new people and have a laugh. I don't take dating sites too seriously".

Quote:
I really dislike the fact that people think just because it's online that it's a cop-out. I think it can be. If you have terrible AA and quite poor social skills you can hide behind a computer and fake it unlike when walking up to a girl in the street or in a pub.

But if you have all of your shit together offline then you can kill online...
I agree, but many use online as a sort of safe haven so that they don't need to venture outside and improve their social skills, yet if they get a date from online and it goes badly, it's due to them acting differently than online.

For guys that have their shit sorted, it's a good way to interact but shouldn't be your primary source.

Fair feedback though, if your way works for you then cool, my way, when I do use it, works for me and the area that improved it for me was the attitude (my photo's are shit).

I am the master of my fate

Last edited by Barney Stinson; 09-01-2014 at 03:45 PM.