View Single Post
(#10)
Old

Default 26-12-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
If you get a signal of attraction it puts you in state and you lead her into her higher state from there. But if you go up to her with, as Tyler puts it "the cup half full, please miss may I have some of your positive energy?" then that is probably not going to trigger any attraction in the first place.
Agreed with everything, however your state shouldn't depend on IOIs. Tyler says that some of the best naturals can't even see IOI's or, more importantly, IOD's. They just assume attraction from the start. That way their state isn't affected by the woman. They're just doing their thing. Call it what you may, blindspots, delusional confidence, if you keep at it the idea is that she will get drawn into your dominant reality.

He also says that at some point women may completely withdraw all IOI's and act indifferent to you as a kind of shit test. If you're dependent on a good reaction, and your state goes down, you retreat into your head and it's game over. But if you're drawing state from within, not letting it be dictated by the environment (which includes her) you won't retreat and hey, you've passed the shit test.

Obviously you still need to calibrate. If you're just pushing and pushing and she's giving you obvious signs that she's not interested (see pepe le pew Pepe Le Pew is Odor-able - YouTube) at some point you need to give up. But that line is a lot further away than most people think it is.

The ideal is that you can still see the IOI's or IOD's and calibrate your game to that, but at the same time you're NOT AT ALL AFFECTED by them because your state is self-generated.

F Scott Fitzgerald said "the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function". So one the one hand you realise and understand the signs, but on the other you don't allow these to affect you. This is tied in with positive re-interpretation/reframing.

Julien says that you need to "lower your standard for IOI's"- IF SHE IS PAYING ATTENTION TO YOU, she's obviously somewhat interested. She could be doing a ton of other things at that point- but she is focused on you. That should be 10/10 already, and anything else is just bonus. (see julien on killer instinct here, think it's near the beginning Be The Ted Bundy Of Pickup: The Killer Instinct That Will Get You Laid 10/10 Times - YouTube).

I experienced this first hand last time I was out with Shah and Goodrebel in Mcr. It was towards the end of the night and there was a cute HB8 sitting by herself. I asked her what she was doing by herself, she ignored me. I didn't let this affect me, I just ploughed on and said "don't you have any friends"? She said she'd lost them and she was having a shit night, I teased her on that and told her she was boring etc. She was giving me very limited responses, closed answers etc, looking away, acting supremely disinterested.

However, I held the positive state, and eventually she started apologising and telling me how she usually wasn't like this etc. We had been talking for about 10 minutes when the club started to close and she said sorry but she needed to go find her friends. I told her okay, I'll help you find them, but one thing first and went for the makeout. At first she tried to turn away but I persisted and she gave in. Afterwards she told me I was a smooth talker, gave me her number and we made out some more before she left to find her friends.

I've had this on other occasions, for instance on a date where I could feel the attraction was really lacking, the conversation was boring, she had her legs turned away from me, etc. But after going for the makeout I could tell she was actually really into me and we ended up having the best sex I have ever had.

So I guess the thing is: Don't let your state be affected by your environment (which includes the girl you're talking to) and don't read too heavily into perceived IOD's. I say if she's been focused on you for a decent amount of time, she's interested. Go for the makeout and just plough, damnit!

I guess I wrote that more for myself than anything, but I hope you found it useful. Going out again tonight so I'd better take my own advice! Will let you guys know how it went.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luther For This Useful Post:
Serendipity (26-12-2013)