Thread: Stinson Journal
View Single Post
(#106)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 01-12-2013, 04:15 PM

If I wasn't on the till I would have gone up to them, she was finishing her shift at that time too. I just had a customer put their stuff on the belt and the few times I looked up both girls were staring at me, kind of off putting really but she's 1 of the shyish types. Maybe they were talking about me, or maybe they were admiring a light fitting or something. Or maybe she was a little confused as I was calling her 'Jess' all day when in actual fact her name is 'Kate' - I didn't realize until the end of the shift so there was times where I was saying 'Jess' and I thought she was ignoring me.
Doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
I read in a PUA book (can't remember which one) something along the lines of asking yourself "How would I feel if I lost this job?" if the answer is "not too bad" then go for it but otherwise intimate relationships with coworkers are best avoided. That was the authors opinion not mine. Although it's tended to be the philosophy I've stuck to. When you're getting drama with girls in your life work can be a retreat. Somewhere you don't have any of the complications and can just have a laugh. It's worth considering that.

But relationships form anyway. Emotions will cancel out the logic.
Work been the retreat doesn't bother me, I'm still going to be the same person and I just laugh and joke around with everyone, all the staff know that. But to be honest, a relationship isn't something I'm thinking about atm, just go out after work for a coffee and a chat.

I am the master of my fate