Thread: Stinson Journal
View Single Post
(#82)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 06-11-2013, 11:40 PM

Todays interviews were great, managers lappin' up my work in the community. In the first interview today we somehow got onto talking about my puppy and then I spent a good 5 minutes talking to other staff members. That was Sainsburys, pritty cool; I was offered the job.

Next was Clinton Cards. I didn't apply for this specifically, I sent my CV into the store about 5 weeks ago and on Monday they asked me to attend an interview for today. The manager was cool, asked some generic questions then we just kinda chilled with banterous conversation. I completely fucked up by confusing my local Card Factory store with a Clintons store so that was a laugh. I came out of the interview laughing at my error. 3 hours later I got the phone call; I was offered the job and has given me until Monday to decide as he knows I've got a few offers.

Last 1 was for a Bar Staff Apprentice. Not really what I want and the interviewer possible sensed that but again, I made a good account of myself in what was a strange interview; Outcome unknown though I don't give a shit.

So out of 4 interviews, I was offered 3 jobs, all accommodating me in my community work, giving me days I need free and some weekends free. M&S were the most accommodating and just because it's high end retail and I can get a transfer to a Dutch store when I hopefully move to Holland for uni, which is awesome. So, M&S it is!

Thursday - RELAX and reply to my messages.

** 1 big thing I've found from all of this is the PU skills I'm learning are totally having an impact on my daily life. My interviews are much better, I find myself following the same pattern of chat-up I do during day game, it seems like the skills relate and overlap each other. In interviews I've made notes but then not referred to them, I have a very free flowing off the cuff style and the great thing, like in the interview at Clintons, when I make a mistake I just laughed it off like it was nothing and continued on. Same as I do in all aspects of my life. I feel a Customer Service role will certainly help me become even more confident and I truly believe I have the potential to become great at PU, now that I've given myself this job push.
My main problem in PU is in closing for more than just a number and night game, simply because I haven't tried it much what being cash strapped n'all.

I am the master of my fate

Last edited by Barney Stinson; 06-11-2013 at 11:47 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Stinson For This Useful Post:
kowalski (06-11-2013), Serendipity (07-11-2013)