View Single Post
(#22)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 13-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Monday 7th October

Completely forgot about writing this up, difficult to remember it all.

Decided to go Speed Dating. Not because I'm looking for the love of my life but because it might be fun, I'm forced to talk to women & I went once a year ago & absolutely loved it.

After signing up for this I noticed via fb that a group of girls I'm friends with are going (they mistakenly created a public event), but I don't tell them I'm going.

So I turn up, casually glide up to one of my friends and say "So, come here often?" Cue loads of hysterics and me telling them I knew all along they were going.

So Speed Dating starts, to save time here's the bullet points:
  1. Girl 1: I know her, have no interest in her but can see she's really nervous so do my best to keep her calm
  2. Girl 2: Also know her and kinda like her so try to mix in friend chat with some flirting, made a good joke about how the roof light behind her is so bright it makes her look blindingly hot which although sounds really corny here she found really funny.
  3. Girl 3: Same as girl 1
  4. Girl 4: Thought she was kinda hot. Unfortunatly as its kinda dark in the venue I succeed in knocking her drink over the floor & partially on her shoes as I couldnt see it. I try not to make a big deal of it and have a small laugh saying "At least you won't forget my name" which is met with an icy glare. After dashing off to get a cloth i don't get much chance to talk to her as it eats into my 3 minutes but she doesn;t seem happy about the drink spilling, but I learn she's 21 which is way too young for me.
  5. Girls 5-14: I don't have any interest in any of them. Age group is 24-38 and about 4 of them are on the older end of the scale. As for the other's there wasn't really anything that stood out physically or personality wise.
  6. Girl 15: She looked kinda hot and was decent banter, but also looked a tad old. We were slightly flirty and she was the only girl i had any real "banter" with.
  7. Girls 16-17: Again, 2 of my friends which i don't have any interest in.

The event ends & we hang around for some after drinks. It becomes really obvious that girl 15 that I liked is into one of the other guys there and to be fair he's probably the hottest guy there and a really decent bloke - they end up leaving together. The friend of mine i sort of liked also goes to a different bar with a guy she's hit it off with. After a brief while I go home.

Overall a kind of "in the middle" night. 17 women, subtract 4 who i was friends with (although 5 friends one which i do like) that leaves 13 women of which i only had interest in 3 of them, one of which was too young, the other perhaps the nest of a poor bunch and the other a friend. Pretty disapointing. Most of the conversations revolved around speed dating itself. In actual fact it felt like I was meeting a load of women i was friends with as opposed to girl 15 which was disapointing.

But I'm trying to take positives from it. I wasn't nervous in the SLIGHTEST. Not a bit. Maybe its slightly false as I knew 5 girls there and speed dating is a bit of a setup, but I felt perfectly fine, although slightly dangerous because I sort of feel like I was so laid back there was no energy about me. Despire my lack of interest in the bulk of the women there none of the conversations were bad & I never struggled to find anything to say at any point. I also didn;t make a big deal about spilling that girls drink but she definitly wasn;t impressed.

Quite disapointing overall I never really hit it off with anyone, in stark contrast to when i did this a year ago and left absoultely buzzing and loved it. But as per above paragraph I'll just try to remember the positives, move on and give it a try next month in any case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BroadswordWSJ For This Useful Post:
kowalski (13-10-2013), Serendipity (13-10-2013)