View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
Thanks for the comments Barney.

I didn't put the full interaction in the post btw. When I said "I need to get back to work, I'm late already, can I take your number so I can contact you" She said "No, sorry, I'm with someone" I didn't catch the last bit so said "Sorry?" and she repeated "I'm with someone".

The tone (which I can't express here obviously) was quite clear that she was letting me down as gently as she could. She was enjoying the intention and thought I was a decent guy I think but wasn't open.

I've been ejecting too soon on previous ones and know this was to avoid disappointment but I realise I've got to get used to that eventually to progress.
Personally I'd tweak what you said to her a little for next time to:
"I need to get back to work, I'm late already, give me your number/facebook *(up to you which one)* so we can continue our conversation".

I understand you feel to exit when she is letting you down gently but then why not put a swing on the interaction and come from a friend standpoint.

May as well try to counteract, absolutely nothing to loose, just do it with a smile.

Kind of a weird way but I used online sites to overcome rejection, now it doesn't bother me as much.
As a Arsenal fan said to me in France whilst we were watching Arsenal against Fenerbache, "Northerners are great, Newcastle people are the best, better than us miserable fucks in London".

I am the master of my fate

Last edited by Barney Stinson; 04-09-2013 at 09:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Stinson For This Useful Post:
Serendipity (04-09-2013)