View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 16-07-2013, 05:36 PM

Figured I'll start one of these just to post stuff in.

I'll start off with what prompted my main post in the PUA Chat forum: a meetup with a girl I've always liked in January. I know it was months ago, but feedback or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brief history: I met this girl 9 years ago & always liked her. "Asked her on a date" once only to realise she didn't realise it was a date nor did she realise I fancied her as she met her bf that night and made out with him. She moved away and we saw each other sparingly over the years, exchanging random texts. I tried to get her to meet with me multiple times with no success. There was one night I'm 99% sure she came onto me and offered it to me on a plate in a club and I was so nervous i didn't do anything....

We started texting a lot over last Xmas/New Year & I always try to be flirty with her. She started suggesting we should meet up which is very unlike her.

In January theres a story about a couple emailing each other filthy chat in their work place. The women accidently forwards the email to a co-workers announcing the sandwich van has arrived at lunch time, and the story goes all around the city & facebook (known as the sandwich van story) to much hilarity.

I text her asking "Not sure if your up to mcuh today but do you fancy a sandwich van? I'm starving!" She replies in hysterics saying she couldn't believe that email, and that her friend cancelled on her for drinks today. She's so bored with nothing to do and could "definitly be done with being rescued from boredom!!!" I reply taking it further pretending I wasn't referencing the email & that all I wanted was to go for a sandwich. She replies telling me to stop joking around & says "Well, going for a sandwich van isn't really the rescue i was looking for :P" I assume she's dropping hints, then tell her she should meet me for a drink if her friend cancelled...she agrees to meet me in a few hours.

So we meet & have food, I decide to be spontaneous and have fried Pigeon but I struggle to eat it and she finds this funny, as well as some banter with the waitress which goes down well. I realise when we come to split the bill that I must have went to the ATM, withdrawn money and then probably because i was a bit anxious about meeting her walked off and not picked it up...but I manage to roll with it and laugh it off and she again finds this funny, she pays the whole lot but won't accept my money back when I eventually get to another ATM.

We spend the next 3 hours in a bar REALLY connecting....finding we have so much in common which is quite scary & I begin to realise despite liking this girl for the best part of 8 years I probably never really knew her. We talk about gym, work, sex, relationships. I let her ask any question about me and she asks if 2 of our friends we know were the only ones left on Earth, which would I go for. I think she's talking about sex so choose the more party girl of the 2 only to realise she meant as a soul mate, in that case I choose the other girl, our friend who introduced us who's more a settled down type and she seems pleased. We talk more about the difference between people you would love to just sleep with ona night out & what you really look for long term. She asks me more questions where she gives me a choice between 2 answers and i always seem to pick the right one....and they seem strangely related to her (example, she asks if my preference is short brunettes who are naturally pretty without relying on makeup...which is what she is and I agree...) We also hit it off talking about Top gun & Rocky as they are our favourite films and how neither of us like old films.

I end up telling her some personal stuff, She tells me how she was bullied at School & prefers smal groups to large crowds (I'm the same for both) & she then tells me shes quite shy/introverted and puts up barriers between her & people & it takes her a while to warm up to them. During this i hold her hand & comment on what she said in an understanding way and after this there's quite a few moments where I'm still holding her hand and we're not really talking....just smiling at each other with eye contact. We've also been talking so much we barely touch our drinks, and have given each other 100% attention, no mobile phones or anything in the way. I honestly feel like we totally connected throughout huge parts of that.....never felt that before it was pretty uplifting. She then goes t the toilet.

When she comes back things take a nose dive. All the enrgy and connection vanishes & i feel a bit nervous & convo is strained. There's a few long silences, which I later find out doesn't phase her, i suggest we get more drinks or shots to liven it up but she declines shots. We eventually move to another bar, and i put my arm around her waist and hold her hand on the way - she doesnt knock me off. This new bar has booming loud music and its pretty difficult to talk, again there's no energy & I feel awkward, although I try to have my arm round her at times etc trying to take advantage of the fact we have to lean into each others ears to speak because its so loud.

In my awkwardness there's a 15 minutes spell where I just act weird, I can't think of anything to say and she even says I'm acting a "bit odd". I try to explain i feel things took a nose dive & i was worried she wasn't enjoying herself, she looks puzzled and says i worry about things too much. She tells me im acting cryptic and its difficult for her to talk to me if I dont explain what im thinking saying. I eventually pull myself out of the slump and we get into more small talk & laughs, then its time to leave.

Again I take her hand and have my arm around her on the way to the taxi queue, its freezing by this point with rain and battering wind. The taxi queue is pretty long and as we stand in it, i pull her to me and we hug for quite a while as the wind is battering our faces; she rests her head into my shoulders and holds onto me tighter. She then asks me why i was acting so weird earlier.....perhaps stupidly I reply that perhaps we'd been out too long together (8.5 hours) & I was getting tired. She gets snnoyed at this saying she doesn't undersrtand as we'd spent the whole night talkign fine and if the night felt that long was I getting bored of her company! I re-assure her thats definitly not the case. We end up having our heads together, and with the wind smackng her hair into her face I move it away and look down at her, we're almost close enough to kiss which prior to the nose dive point I was pretty confident of doing at some point....she looks at me with a meek smile then sticks her head back into my shoulder. I start chatting to a girl behind us, i have a laugh with her & my girl also laughs at this, but eventually she turns my head away from this girl and buries her head into me again. The taxi comes, we get it to hers and I give her a kiss & hug goodbye and onward to my place and the night is over.

I know I have to let this go; its in the past. But some simple questions from you guys who are more experienced with women:

1. She's not great with strangers yet she was quite keen to come out. The fact she was asking me all those probing questions and it seems like she described herself to me when guessing my ideal women.....was she interested?

2. End of the day I got nervous toward the end......I have this sickening feeling i blew the whole thing by not going for a kiss in the taxi queue and my chances with her died when we got in the taxi. Would the whole thing have fizzed out purely because I didnt make a move?

Thats assuming she even was interested, I dunno. The vibe kinda started dropping at the end of the night so much maybe the kiss was never on...I have a bad feeling i could have had something with her and blew it.

Last edited by BroadswordWSJ; 12-02-2022 at 07:52 AM.