View Single Post
(#2)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 29-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Great post Halcyon, made a lot of sense. I used to be really fearful of rejection to the point where I wouldnt even make the effort to approach in order to keep my ego intact. In time and through the help of a few of the guys on this forum I learnt that the ego is more of a burden than anything and it is best to just let it go. Once you do this it is like having a weight lifted from your shoulders, it is a liberating sensation.

This weekend I went out and on the face of it you could say it was a bad night, in the majority of my approaches I got blown-out straight up!, this doesn't usually happen to me which I found odd. Nevertheless I went home feeling joyous, yes I got rejected, I got rejected in front of my friends, rejected in front of the friends of groups of girls, hell even other people in the club saw me get rejected. But I just didn't care, in fact it barely even registered on my radar.

A while back in these situations I would try and post-rationalise what had gone wrong. Now these sorts of things rarely come in to my concious thought after the event. Rejection no longer concerns me in the way it used to, there is always the possibility of rejection of course and if it occurs it's now like taking a hit like being shot with a potato gun rather than a sawn-off shot-gun as used to be the case.

To any guys out there who fear rejection, honestly go out there, get rejected, it's going to happen to you at some-point so you may as well get used to the sensation and nullyfying that sensation.

In the words of Paul Janka 'If the pools fucking freezing there's no point waiting an hour for it to warm up, it's still going to be fucking freezing so just take the plunge'.

It was fear of myself that made me odd