View Single Post
(#58)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Travel agent advisor - 22-05-2013, 06:33 PM

Went to the town for the day with my parents who were determined to make me choose something for them to buy me for my birthday on the 29th. They wanted to get me jewelry and shit like that and I'm there thinking "I don't want any of that Mystery Method shit" .. anyway after listening to about 7 verbal sales pitches long story short I chose completely pointless cuff links (like I'll use them anyway).

The sun was out and I decided that I wanted a holiday to no other place but Greece. So we went into the local Thomson travel agents just to pick up a few magazines and immediately got the "Is there anything I can help you with?" I started to look towards her and saw that she was good looking. In that split second I thought 'what do I have to lose, may aswell have a chat' so I smiled and sat down at her desk and told her the different search criteria for my holiday. (basically a random week in August)

She started talking about herself, her holidays, what she's being doing recently and how old she was. 19. I was, I suppose pleasantly surprised by that and I said "Ohh really I thought you were about 22..." 1 of them situations where you say it and then realise what you said after, HA I think I offended her slightly. Anyway, she started laughing and asking my age and probing for more information about me. She was a really talkative, light, fun, a casual kind of girl who's not really into the restaurant type environments. I liked her, well I mean she could do with getting rid of them few spots next to her chin but apart from that she looked great.

The talking went on and on. She wanted to know about me, if I'm working, what I'm interested in, places I've been, experiences I've had etc.. I'm literally awesome at finding holiday deals online and looking for flights any everything. Kinda sad I know but I know different days charter flights fly to certain countries, how to get the very best prices on return transfers, I even know some specs of airlines like baggage allowance, insurance policies etc.. She was quite surprised by this but in a pleasant way. She even asked me to join the team at this Thomson branch, she told me how to apply and gave me her name as a referral and everything.

After about 2 hours of talking and looking for deals and everything (she was totally determined to find me stuff) she printed everything off, gave me her personal number, her name again, 15% off the holiday VIP (her friends rates), the best possible exchange rates and told me that if I find any other holiday or anything just call her and come back in and she'll take a look at it.
I thanked her and started to walk out of the establishment, she stood up and started heading over to her colleague, looking at me (even through the window) whilst smiling and giggling. I was very pleased, time well spent.

That conversation made me appreciate just how easy it is to talk to people and even if they are there for 1 purpose, sales, with a bit of fun and laughter you can alternate the topics and properly engage with the person instead of their auto pilot.
I am seriously thinking of taking her up on her offer with the job possibility. I was working briefly for 3 weeks but the company went into liquidation so now back job hunting but determined to get something before the end of May so I didn't sign on the dole.
Looks like I'll be heading back to that establishment in a week or 2!

I am the master of my fate

Last edited by Barney Stinson; 22-05-2013 at 06:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Stinson For This Useful Post:
Framejacker (24-05-2013)