View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Your Career and Future goals - 13-04-2013, 11:27 AM

Thanks to Twisted and Jaz for starting up this subsection. Since the majority of us spend a significant amount of time (around 30% of our lives) in a place of work and earning some dollar it is only right that if we seek fulfillment in our lives that we pay considerable attention to this very sizeable chunk. It would also be interesting to see what others do for a living as we have a very broad membership here from all walks of life which is something quite unique and should be celebrated.

So, what I'd like to start with is this; Tell us what you do for a living?, are you satisfied in your area of work?, what are your career goals? (if any) and If so how do you intend to get there and in how many years?

I'll kick-off.

I work freelance for a small Architecture practice.

I am largely satisfied in what I do, since a young age I wanted to be an Architect but the realities are not quite as 'glamorous' as often perceived. Actually being creative and designing accounts for about 10% of the job, the other 90% is spent trying to avoid getting sued!!

My goals are to finish my final professional exams, get another 1-2 years experience under my belt then set-up my own small practice ideally in partnership taking on small to medium scale commissions mainly within the private residential and commercial sectors. I hope to have this established within 5 years.

I belief also in life you should never stop learning so at some stage I would like to pursue a degree in either psychology or philosophy (Kowalski is to blame for stoking my interest in the latter).

Cheers.

It was fear of myself that made me odd
The Following User Says Thank You to Hustler25 For This Useful Post:
db x (16-04-2013)