Thread: Dice Rants!
View Single Post
(#24)
Old
MASTER PUA
Space Invaders Champion, Typing Test Champion

Default Awesome - 12-04-2013, 01:17 PM

Was out with XFC and Shahansha, Dave and Shaun in 5th after Improv, and to say the least I thoroughly enjoyed the night, mainly because I had stopped worrying about any pressure on approaching or 'sarging', and just set out to have a decent night.

I had a few brews, but I wasn't drunk, actually I was fairly lucid and very aware of my body language, which makes quite a change since historically I've gotten absolutely slaughtered, and pulled ... somehow, with no memory of how I did it (and I'm often quite curious as to how?). It was pretty enlightening to observe my own behaviour when reasonably drunk but still lucid enough as not to be talking like a stammering idiot!

Two thing's I learnt from last night, and one thing enforced...

1. Enjoy yourself
At the end of the day, your out to have fun, there's no need in going out with the pure intention of 'pulling', be willing to go home alone.

2. Social Proof
I hate using pua terms, but this one served a purpose last night, as I spent the first few hours just wandering around talking to people and introducing myself, developing a bit of a friendly environment. This then came into use later on when approaching groups, as one or two of the group already knew me and were quite happy to introduce me to the group making it a lot easier to get comfortable.

3. Kino
Escalation has always been difficult for me unless inebriated, as I was always unsure whether or not to attempt it. This is nothing new, and I'm sure you guys are all aware of it, I'm just starting to get a bit more practice with it. Just picking up on the little signs, innocent but contacting gestures, eye contact, touching hair, looking at lips then eyes etc, etc building up intimacy and contact with her. Of course on occasion she will be a bit more drunk than you so the little signs are pretty damn obvious, so its almost impossible to not pick up on it.

So that's it for last night! Might be out again tonight depending on how the night goes, I want to get the hang on drinking the right amount, feeling a buzz and getting comfortable, without overstepping to the point of slurring or acting like a dick (which I have done on occasion!).

“A problem can not be solved from the same logical level it was created.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D!ce For This Useful Post:
daleinthedark (12-04-2013), nova (12-04-2013), Shahanshah (12-04-2013)