View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 07-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahanshah View Post
you have to earn the name Barney.
I figured, why not aim high and since t.v. has a painstakingly high influence in modern day life, why not use a favourite characters name with a personality and charisma that I'd aspire to have.
I was gonna put "Casanova" but thought that would be a bit too ballsy haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapmi View Post
are you sure you've listened to the blueprint?

In my experience, as far as confidence/body language is concerned, you already have the mannerisms of a cool guy inside you somewhere, but you may struggle to bring this out sometimes.

I was lucky to have found this forum and was able to go out with some cool people, which boosted my confidence. Things like eye contact and body language sort themselves out when you are in a relaxed and social state of mind (especially applies to newbies). The good news, even a beginner can sort out body language etc very quickly, by getting into "state". You do this by approaching everything that moves (before anyone thinks "i dont need to do this!", not everyone does need to be a approach machine - this applies to beginners, mostly)
Big rule when you're out, make sure you get to a point where you are relaxed and feeling good. This is probably 80% of your game.
I listened to Blueprint Decoded maybe 6 months ago (I'm not sure) and then I went on holiday and felt pritty damn amazing. Since coming back up North, something that I told myself I'd never do again, I've become very sluggish and bored. Totally downhill if I'm honest. So I will re-listen to Blueprint Decoded, can't do any harm.
I think that is my problem, my confidence levels are down but if I went out with a group of people I'd feel much better and gain an understanding of how you guys have success. I always feel a hell of a lot more confident in a group and generally do talk to people I don't know when I have people I'm familiar with around me. That would also help me relax as well. It won't be something I can just do straight away but hell when you start something, what's the point in giving up huh?
(great place to quote Charles Edison there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!ce View Post
Maybe he's grooming them?
Sound's more like Neil Strauss antic's haha

Sapmi's got my problems exactly right.. cheers man
Is everyone on here RSD fan's opposed to Mystery and Strauss?

Last edited by Barney Stinson; 07-04-2013 at 03:45 PM.