View Single Post
(#7)
Old

Default 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Went out with the family today to the park. It was full of people, everywhere.
Took my puppy as well and when she saw the very nice girls running to keep fit or whatever she pulled on the lead to run for them so me being me I decided to show the girls how it's done.
Ran with my puppy at a decent pace and caught up to them. When I got there I slowed down to their pace. 1 was blonde and the other brunette, weren't really great but so fuck, this was my attempt to do more diverse openers off the whim.

I said to them both whilst still running and holding the lead (which is bloody tricky stuff!) "here (pass the blonde the dogs lead) she'll help you to keep up with your pace... her names Ruby. Don't love her, like her. She's mine!" - Not really good to be honest but it was off the whim and anyway it doesn't really matter how you open, in a certain sense, right?
Anyway she took the lead and after about 10 minutes of running, attempting to talk and just ending up with a stitch, I decided that I'd had enough so I took my dog and went back to find my family.

I saw the girls later on and they stopped to tell me I was a really good runner and it's an awesome idea to bring a dog. This was in-front of my family. I fucking flopped.
For some reason I thought it to be awkward to escalate or to even get a phone number in-front of my family. I'm not even sure why. It pissed me off. It's still pissing me off.
I have the urge to go back sometime soon in a 'finish the job' kinda attitude.

Anyway that kinda put me off approaches for the whole duration of the park visit and also made me question my mindset.
It shows a weak mindset to me. This has to change.

Wisdom comes after Experience. Get out there tonight. Experience!

Last edited by YNNAD; 04-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.