Thread: Dice Rants!
View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA
Space Invaders Champion, Typing Test Champion

Default 25-03-2013, 12:15 PM

Went for a little excursion down to Deangate locks again last night with phil99, started off in Baa Bar, which was absolutely dead, I mean I was literally the only person in there. Started a bit of small talk with the girl on the bar, she was nice we had a bit of a joke around then left for next door where it seemed a little livelier.

Straight off the bar we get eyed up by this group of Russian girls, I had no idea why at the time since my game at the time was abysmal, but I quickly cottoned on to the fact they were merely flirting to get a round of drinks. At first I got a little frustrated at that, but then I kind of thought their playing just the same as we were, just for a different goal. So we move on an try approaches as per the usual, stumble across two girls sat to the side, but one was relentlessly trying to prevent talking to the other (as she was quite a bit more sober and intelligible) so I tried keeping her occupied whilst phil99 talked to her for a bit, emphasis on 'tried'.

After this I dotted around and tried opening a few sets, and to be fair I wasn't on form as I got a fair few rejections, varying from 'im just going to the toilet', 'do you need showing where the door is?', and 'was lovely chatting with you, oh hey this is my boyfriend'. That last one was a kicker.

I think I started to realize that I was trying to qualify myself to them, as though I was trying to sell myself, where instead I should have been buying, and not selling. By the end of it all I was a little bummed out, but I'm trying now to take each night as a positive regardless of outcome, everything's a learning experience. So long as you do actually 'learn' something!

“A problem can not be solved from the same logical level it was created.”
The Following User Says Thank You to D!ce For This Useful Post:
nova (25-03-2013)