View Single Post
(#40)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 24-03-2013, 04:53 PM

This number of approaches issue lol. My main post said "you need to go out to improve". It had "number of approaches" as an example of a little goal he could have, when he's out in field. The Shah exploded that minor point, into "bad frame". Then in my last post, I somehow, defended my first post, which I didn't need to do, with the conclusion "number of goals are ok", further inflating the annoyance (relevant or not) the "number of approaches debate"

Kowalski says:

"You argued for why it can be good to have goals, which is not even being disputed by anyone. Then concluded that a specific type of goal is therefore good"

Fair point.

OK, i've tried to think "why would having an amount of approaches per sarging session not be a useful goal". Bare in mind I want to help newbies out, I think having a minimum amount of approaches in mind is a good thing. It allows you to record your approaches keeps you up to date with how much training you're doing (the number of trials, as you say in psychology), you can see whether your progress is stagnating so you can ask for help if needed. The main point of this goal is part of motivating you in the field. This especially applies to day game, where sets are harder to find. The major chore is wondering around town, looking for girls, which is the frustrating part.

The relevance of this diminishes in night game because you're enjoying the environment more (pub, dancefloor), so you don't have to keep yourself out in field really. Targets are all around. You could do way more approaches at night, and approach anxiety is a lot less.

For newbies, for day game, I would say start with 2 approaches a day, do no more than an hour a day (min 4 times a week). This may increase over time because you get more efficient. I think 5 approaches a day is a reasonable goal eventually. Do this for 6 months, then, you're on your way! Action=results

I think this is a relevant advantage. If anyone has a relevant disadvantage to this please post it, for the sake of the newbies. I think on my end, I've said my piece