View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default Field Report 12/02/09 - Not really an interesting report but my first one - 13-02-2009, 09:19 AM

Hi All,

Well I went out yesterday as promised. But there was a major change. Due to meet my friends at 10:30pm I thought ah to hell with it so I rushed over to my nearest big shopping centre and into Claire's Accessories. (Yeh I know I felt stuipd too).

Got my ear pierced, so there it's done, the only thing thats a bit of a problem is they said its got to stay in 6 weeks before I can change it, really though with work I need to get a skin colour one or something really subtle so it doesnt stand out. Feel a bit like a muppet on the basis that the girl that done the piercing was quite cute and when I told her I wasn't sure if it would suit me she started chucking compliments my way and then when it was done she was still throwing me compliments so I thought after leaving and sitting im my car "you mug she was hitting on you" - Should've woken up and seen that coming and got something out of it... Kicking myself and learning point 1 - to be observant.

Anyway,
So I met up with a friend at his house waiting for the others to arrive and the first thing he said was "Bruv what the f*** have you done to yourself" I started to get worried until he pointed out he meant that it was actually a nice touch. And throughout the night I had about 5 people comment on the stud which was just a normal diamond.

So in the club... (I think I'm going to have to read some posts on club game) The music in some areas was so loud I couldn't hear myself think so I found the spots where it wasn't so loud and upon entering and seeing my mates girlfriend (shes about a 7) and all of her friends that she had bought along (various 7's nothing amazing) I immeadiately took the gf's arm and one of her friends arms and linked with mine, said "Just go with it, its just for a few minutes". I knew the gf so no issues there and her friend did just go with it. I walked a lap of the club with these two on my arm, looking around and smiling like life was at its peak. I noticed a few heads turn and got some looks from guys that just made me smile more LOL...

Anyways, after that... well i'm a fair dancer (popping, crip-walking) I hit one of the smaller dance areas to battle some friends and quite frankly warm up as it was snowing last night. Took a breather to get some water and got opened by 2 girls asking about my trainers and a leather wristband I had on . Spoke to them about random stuff for a few mins then they went off to dance - realised at that point "I'm meant to be running routines WTF was that" obviously they got bored and I didn't realise. (repeat of learning point 1 ).

I carried on having a good time and by about 2am I realised I actually hadn't even attempted to open anyone.

I now have to apologise because I cheated, I had some promoters cards from a friend who is a DJ at the club, I went up to a few 5 sets and opened them using the cards used the opener of...

"Guys I need your opinion on something, people that go clubbing and take up a dancefloor with breakdancing and popping and all that stuff, losers or cool guys?"

I was a bit of a pussy and ejected on the few that said "losers" but the others that said it was cool, I handed them a promo card and they were asking questions about our upcoming night and I got speaking to a few people that approached me later in the night watching us all dance.

I didn't get any numbers, didnt get anything further but I learned that social proofing does a LOT. I walked around that club with the girls at the start and it took me about 5minutes. I walked around there alone at 3am and it took me the best part of 20minutes being stopped every few paces by people saying "you're cool" etc.

A learning experience but not for the right reasons I feel... ANYWAY todays another day.

Thanks for reading
Ambitious