View Single Post
(#124)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-11-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
Voice projection: When I introduced myself to the girl I sound apologetic, and I even say I'm sorry to her. He suggested I practice projecting my voice more. My Mum used to always tell me to speak up.

Neutralise voice tonality: When responding to pretty much everything the girl says I speak with high pitched upward inflections. By doing this I am trying to force rapport with me telling her everything she says is 'cool' or 'amazing', even if I don't care! I am not a challenge to her, I am not expressing any genuine emotion, I am merely agreeable.

Passion & enthusiasm: When talking about my own interests I almost brush these aside, for fear of coming across as boastful or possibly even fear of boring the girl. I am trying to come across as agreeable in order for her to 'like me', rather than polarizing myself by expressing myself more authentically.
Put all this together & it looks like you aren't relaxed enough. Your probably putting too much pressure on yourself with the outcome dependency etc. Maybe you still get nervous too.

But it's good that you are acknowledging the issues & doing something about it.

You can't win if you don't play
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan300 For This Useful Post:
Joe_Fresh (26-01-2013), nova (28-11-2012)