View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Now for the cool side effects of "pick up" - 30-10-2012, 09:17 PM

Apart from shagging and kissing pretty ladies, what else can pick up do for you?

I'm kind of side stepping from the community. Although I still see myself as a pickup artist (i'm only a pick up artist on this forum, because it winds people up), I'm also a punk rocker, but I've never been able to express this fully, until I lost my social hangups and used the skills learned to become socially awesome.

Unfortunately I've had to move back to Burnley. When I first moved to Burnley a few years ago, I was a little socially awkward, shy etc. Then I met the pick up guys here, discovered RSD. This all led me down a life changing path, and I've made a few best friends along the way.

Now I've moved back to Burnley, I've had to start from scratch a little. At first (a few months back), it was about going out by myself in Burnley and kissing or shagging as many girls as possible. But something funny happened which I wasn't really expecting . I started to make friends. In hindsight, this is an obvious consequence on just going out and giving as much value and love to everyone you meet. For a start, there were random guys and girls buying me drinks. Inviting to afterparties, gigs etc. I started to get into the punk scene here in Burnley (didn't know there was one). Just by going out, smling, enjoying the music and being generally friendly, I've attracted some good friends over the past month.

I tried this going out to Liverpool one day by myself, and managed to hang out with a cool bunch of people. So basically, I have the flexibility to go out anywhere I want to (punk gigs etc), and just chill and make friends. So someone who was as socially awkward as me a few years ago this was unheard of. Basically now every single weekend is an adventure for me and I don't have to rely on others that I already know to make it great.

If anyone here is thinking of giving up pickup or having second thoughts don't! Even for the social freedom it gives you, where you can go anywhere in the English speaking world and have a good time, it is fucking worth it.

Just an insight into my world, thinking about the weekend makes me sick with excitement. Is this normal? In general, I'm happier. Hope this inspires some of you guys.