Thread: Tony Robbins
View Single Post
(#16)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 21-10-2012, 06:56 PM

If you don’t get the right answer keep asking it. Ask with consistency, ask with intensity.

You must make sure you’re asking empowering questions.

Possibility Questions? What if?

Necessity Questions? What must I do?

Matching Questions?

Mis Matching?

Take areas of your life and find out what are questions you ask yourself when people upset you? = How can this person do this to me? = anger, resentment etc. Rather – I wonder what makes people treat people this way? Makes you curious instead of angry.

When I get angry I ask – why are they such a nark? Whats up with them? Rather – I wonder why.

Why can’t I get ahead financially? RATHER – What do I really want? What am I really commited to and not just interested in financially? Who’s doing well that I could learn from? How could I develop financial security for a lifetime, instead of just for the moment?

Food. How come I can never lose weight? Your brain will go because you’re a pig! How can I lose weight? How can I lose weight now and enjoy the process?

CD3

Global Metaphors ie A broken heart for feeling a little hurt or ‘scarred emotionally’ when your emotions aren’t scarred.

When you take a metaphor you’re changing a quantum leap and changing your experience of reality.

It’s not life but the way you represent life that determins the way you feel. Someone is late - you get worried and think they've been in an accident.

Fishers of men metaphor for recruiting catholics.

Be selective in the metaphors you utilise.

What is life like? A war? This will set up rules, ideas and preconceived notions. Battles, death etc. The filter affects your decisions and reactions.

Is life a dance? Rhythym, joy, fun.

Is your business a family, a prison, a garden that you have to tend to every day to reap a reward?

A ship in a harbour is safe but that's not what ships were built for.

Guy having a blackout - white it out! I'm marble 'zzzzzz' drill holes in it.

When people use metaphors they're highly suggestible as they're made up.

Im at the end of my rope - put the rope down, walk over here. Radically interrupt the pattern. When you set up limitations, interrupt the pattern and replace them with power, something more loving, something fun.

I'm over the edge - enjoy the slide.

Metaphor of seasons. Life is like the seasons - i'm in winter right now but spring is coming, plant new seeds etc. In winter you don't have to freeze to death you can ski - lay a metaphor on-top.

Stonecutter - constant pressure applied to the task at hand stone will cut. Maybe not on first or 200th blow but it will.

Fiji very happy people they call you wither big sister or little sister / big brother or little brother.

Lawyer - Fall's out with their spouse as they apply their work rules with their home life.
Air traffic Controller - Had to be not stressed

Look out for metaphors you use at work compared to at home and with friends.

Instead of I'm burnt out use I'm re-charging.
Instead of 'millions of things to do' maybe you have a few things to do.

Set yourself up to win the game - pick the right metaphor.

Is the person you're in a rekationship with the ball and chain or your better half?

Kids - rugrats? barfers? brats? cuddlies?

Body - machine? disaster? opportunity for growth? temple?