View Single Post
(#48)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 06-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleinthedark View Post
We might as well give him a helmet for the car crash he's going in, even it's so that he can get a little closure and move on.
Excellent.

You need to realise why everyone uses this forum. Primarily to learn, and secondary to share their experience with others to help them learn from your mistakes. (well, in theory anyway - there's still plenty of BS)

So if someone is hell bent on doing something that's obviously wrong, and everyone can see this, then of course everyone will be saying so. You don't just stand at the side and watch the car crash happen.

Someone in that frail state of mind needs a bloody hard slap around the chops. As none of us can do that in real life (and believe me, if one of my friends was acting like that and needed it, it would be done) it tends to come across as being quite aggressive.

I'm not advocating blindly accepting other peoples advice as the fact, everyone can be wrong. But ultimately others have learnt through experience, so why not take that on board yourself and perhaps save yourself the shit they've already gone through along the way?