Thread: Shah's Journal
View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 05-05-2012, 03:57 AM

Well, maybe I misunderstood your original post. I'm just suggesting to not try to talk in pickup lingo, be in a pickup mindset, use pickup as a lifestyle rather than a hobby or a thing you're playing around with, etc...

DONT LET IT DEFINE YOU, LIKE SO MANY OTHER GUYS OUT THERE.

Pickup should be something you come into, play around with, get better or get out, and move on. Not something that becomes a cornerstone of your life.

As for how the main attitude of this forum is, it's less about the normal 'pickup' stuff that's taught, and more about setting yourself up right to become naturally attractive and masculine. 95% of the pickup stuff out there is going to come from the mindset of trying to fake yourself or trying to appeal to a woman. the other 5% (or less!) is going to try and reinvent you so you just are these things. Most of those will still have you doing pickup stuff, but there's something better IMO, and that's to strip down the crap that's holding you back, and to rebuild a solid foundation, and then shortcut 90% of the pickup stuff.

I'm not sure how to go about finding your own problems, it's different for everyone. If you're having issues with women, I suggest you try and figure out where those started. Go back as far as you can, pinpoint events. Look for patterns. Try and figure out what might have caused these, look for reasons in how you were brought up or how you viewed the world when you were younger. Somewhere in there are the clues for why you've never had great success with women.

I wish I could be more specific for your needs, but I'm in the same situation myself right now with trying to undo how I was raised and the years worth of emotional walls I've put up to protect myself from a world I didn't understand and wasn't instructed with how to deal with. It's been slow, but it's surely helping, and I really look forward to experiencing the positive changes that are going to continue to happen for the next few years.

All I know is that doing the normal 'pickup' stuff doesn't have a very high long term success rate as far as happiness or relationships go. Either way, you're better than 95% of pickup guys out there for simply being here, rather than elsewhere.