View Single Post
(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 23-01-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleinthedark View Post
Lovefish what is it you do for work? and is there anything you can do on top of that?

I have worked in the print industry since leaving college so that gives me the opportunity at most places I have worked to get cost price printing done. This means I either work as the middle man and "purchase print" or I complete simple design for business cards, stationery etc. and make a little more on top of the print. The only porblem with this is that the work is not always regular as I do it for friends and referrals. It works well as I receive payment on delivery and don't have to pay work off until I have been paid. The only draw back is that I have to put this down as a self-employed occupation and pay tax on people not wanting to pay cash (but it doesn't happen very often).
I've often thought about taking it full-time but I'm wary about takintg such a risk as I don't think I could support myself full-time (plus then I'd have to start paying full cost for print)

I also have a basic food hygeine certificate so I work as a sous chef for a local bar restaurant where I do 2 shifts a week. This is regular work but I definitely don't get as much as I do for printing.

All in all I get about £35k but probably put in a 50-55hr work week. It covers the bills and I don't get stressed. I only started this recently as up until last september I was struggling in my last job at £17k

All in all look at your job and your skills, see how you can apply them. If you cant think of an easy way to apply these then write a pua book, everyone's doing it nowadays
100% agree with you Jaz its a nightmare out there and friends of mine who also are usually pretty flush are struggling away also,tough times for most right now

Originally i 2 worked in the print industry straight from college!!
From 2000-2008 but where i am living its all but dead and any print jobs going round here are theres always a scrum of people with the same or more skills/service as me
Ive been trying to get back into the trade again since i was made redundant but its dying on its arse.
Plus i dont actually have any print skills as such i was basically an over paid machine minder/fork lift driver.

I currently work as a book order sorter,its not the best tbh and its about 13 and a half k a year (roughly a grand a month).But right now jobs are scare and as i am pretty much classed as an unskilled worker i do feel grateful to have it.
I have considered a college course to get some extra skills but its the old chesnut of not having the money to take the course to get the skills to get the extra cash.

A second job is a consideration however im not sure what i would/could do to drum up some extra cash??
Plus this year i have been planning on getting seriously in shape,so i am a lil reluctant to take on something extra that would cut into gym/mma time and obv sarging time!!

Time to get the thinking cap on me thinks there has to be a way to make a coupla extra quid.

Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing,become nothing!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovefish For This Useful Post:
daleinthedark (23-01-2012)