View Single Post
(#2)
Old
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default 23-01-2012, 11:38 AM

Lovefish what is it you do for work? and is there anything you can do on top of that?

I have worked in the print industry since leaving college so that gives me the opportunity at most places I have worked to get cost price printing done. This means I either work as the middle man and "purchase print" or I complete simple design for business cards, stationery etc. and make a little more on top of the print. The only porblem with this is that the work is not always regular as I do it for friends and referrals. It works well as I receive payment on delivery and don't have to pay work off until I have been paid. The only draw back is that I have to put this down as a self-employed occupation and pay tax on people not wanting to pay cash (but it doesn't happen very often).
I've often thought about taking it full-time but I'm wary about takintg such a risk as I don't think I could support myself full-time (plus then I'd have to start paying full cost for print)

I also have a basic food hygeine certificate so I work as a sous chef for a local bar restaurant where I do 2 shifts a week. This is regular work but I definitely don't get as much as I do for printing.

All in all I get about £35k but probably put in a 50-55hr work week. It covers the bills and I don't get stressed. I only started this recently as up until last september I was struggling in my last job at £17k

All in all look at your job and your skills, see how you can apply them. If you cant think of an easy way to apply these then write a pua book, everyone's doing it nowadays

Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daleinthedark For This Useful Post:
Giant (23-01-2012), Lovefish (23-01-2012)