View Single Post
(#9)
Old

Default 13-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillem View Post
peachmax, reading what you have written sounds quite similar to my cousin who has Aspergers

from what i know (which admittedly is not a huge amount) there are varying degrees along the spectrum starting with high functioning very slightly aspergic

I aplogise if I'm wrong as no offence is intended, its just what your original post reminded me of and of course I could be way off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Actually what I was thinking.

To be fair, chillem. Peachmax's post can be interpenetrated in many ways.
No offence taken; this might not be very far from the truth. Other people around me have also suggested that I may be borderline aspergers, you know, on the fringes. And it would make sense if I am.

Quote:
As you get older you do drift away from your pals. People go off and do there own thing and if you feel that you were "left behind" not really knowing what to do with yourself then I would say this is indeed extremely common, especially in men from my observations.
Indeed.

And absolutely, males and females form and interact with friends very differently.

Quote:
I would like to know -

How old are you?

Do you work? - Any friends here?

Do you actually, genuinely want to meet people you can socialize with? (because if you don't, forget it. carry on doing what your doing)
-Just turned 23
-Nope, not since July 2010. It was an office environment, tv production company. Very career oriented, theyre only friendly if your a valuble contact, because in that industry people get work through their contacts and friends, its who you know not what you know. I got sacked, and i felt like they all ganged up on me to achieve this.This just added to my resentment to people and the social environment.
-Not especially. If I meet people on my journeys through life, then thats great. I suppose if i dont care/mind either way then i suppose there are little things that increase my chances of meeting new people. But I dont know(/care?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbid View Post

But friends of mine never do me any favours and that can have a negative effect on the friendships.
This i can relate to. I always felt it was me making the effort to make contact with people, and they would never return the favour. I mean if i start now, it will be me being the prime mover, and a lot of effort can result in very little at the end of the day. Resulting in me thinking 'im in that position of chasing people around which i hate more than having no friends to call upon, why the fuck am i doing this, fuck this!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbid View Post
Another side to it is as I grew up I learnt to feel like it was me and them, that I wasn't ever appart of something that was going on. I was the outsider or observer. Now when you're unaware of this being bad you don't know any better, so you learn to do your own thing rather than be in the group or even leading the group.
Yep this is what i was saying earlier, that even if i start to get more social i will be an outsider. But hey i guess that OK, when it comes down to it, thats exactly what I would be, and i can find my feet and my place in a situation like this, and still be me. The two dont need to contradict, although they have a tendency to do exactly that, and perhaps thats the issue.