View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default I have no friends - 12-01-2012, 01:13 PM

I have no friends, and I am perfectly content with that.

I think my question is, should i be??

My mindset is, I dont need or rely on people to make me happy or maintain my self-esteem. I am very much my own person, I am not nasty to people, the people that I do know that i bump into in the street, Im always pleased to see and have a brief chat with. Fundamentally though, I dont need people.

Ofcourse i dont have absolutely no friends; I have met lots of people in my life and I have over 250 people on my FB friends list (not that thats reflective or anything), but 99.9999999% of the time they are just thumbnails to me, thats the only time i encounter them. What caused this little thought to pop into my head, is that some really lovely people have been deleting me, so it has caused me a little concern, especially when i encounter them next (which may not even happen), but i thought thats what FB is for; keeping a form of contact and seeing what they are up to even if it been ages since you last met them. However i never go and meet up with people, go and party with them, etc. I dont have any people i contact regularly, or chum around with. If I want some company, there is no one i could contact to do this with. And even if i did (because there are a few I could do this with), i probably wouldnt contact them as regualrly as i should, resulting in me getting into the postion that i am now.

Not even sure what the point of this post is really. I guess... is anyone in roughly the same position as me?