View Single Post
(#22)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 26-10-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidfer View Post
well, that's the main difference with today. Because of advertising and movies, today the average male is so fucked in the head that he doesn't even understand what he's supposed to be anymore.

Today's movies teach us that the dorky guy CAN and WILL get the hot girl against all odds, and advertising has us short-circuited into buying everything in sight hoping that it will attract women, which it doesn't. There's reasons that PUA techniques had to come around within the last 20 years; society as a whole is fucked in head. Marketing and media has our heads stuck up our asses, something that previous generations didn't have to deal with on nearly this level. And it's only going to get worse I'm afraid.

Before all of 'this' happened you did have great 'coming of age' stories being told in the 2nd half of the 20th century, but if you take an even farther step back those stories were even stronger and more masculine, and even stronger before that, and I think that the 'masculinity loss' is caused by the medium and the abundance of stories that we have today. Every generation seems to water down the stories that they grew up on in an attempt to 'remix' and make a profit.

Second this with other views in society that clash with classic male maturity, such as geeks/nerds making huge amounts of cash from the tech boom and subsequently being 'accepted' or even 'glorified' in society rather than being traditional shunned, feminist movements pushing for gender neutrality and equality (but not fairness), and androgyny showing up more and more in fashion, I think men (and women) today are more fucked in the head than ever and confused with what they need to be or what they want. And film reflects that.

But it's not all bad. When a guy can learn to be masculine and not a douchebag, suddenly he's capable of filling a void that women want but don't understand that they want until it walks right up to them... making picking up women today easier than probably ever; If you're capable of reflecting those traits. That's where pickup comes in

You should listen to the first disk of Bad Boy's 'Badboy Lifestyle' audio cd's. He discusses a bit more there.
Talking my language bro. Spot on break down there, excellent post.

Question: Are we gonna reach an event horizon where all ‘this’ falls back on itself in your opinion/s? Do phenomon like Twilight and Pua (for women and men respectively) suggest we’re ALREADY at that point collectively as a (western) culture? i.e Young girls clamouring (atleast in the world make believe) to return to the simplicity of Victorian gender dynamics and men looking for a road maps to guide them through the spaggetti bowl of loose ends and mixed signals that their social interactions have the potential to be reduced to if they aren’t careful/assertive about it...?

Btw Have you read the Book of Man? The writer was on O'Reily talking about it the other day and it sounded interesting touches on some of these issues...