Thread: Clothing
View Single Post
(#11)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 25-08-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Maybe "reeks of desperation" was a bit harsh. I just think that the so called peacock theory takes people into the completely wrong direction. You shouldn't have people approaching you just because your wearing a wacky t-shirt. You should be the one approaching sets. Sell yourself with your personality not with with your dress sense.
While I agree peacocking should never be used as an excuse not to approach it comes in handy to have interesting accessories as talking points.

For example I opened a girl at the bar on fri, chatted for a minute or so, then she grabs my goth-style necklace and asks me to tell her about it. I take that as an IOI and proceed to put my arm around her and a carried on the interaction. It helped her express interest in me at the end of the day.

Of course this only lasts as long as it takes her to say 'oh I like your t-shirt', etc. It's what YOU say or do that counts. Image/looking cool alone won't get you the girl. I've fallen by the wayside too many times not knowing where to lead a conversation after a girl compliments my tshirt or hair.

girls just wanna have fun