View Single Post
(#7)
Old

Default 22-10-2011, 04:33 PM

okay where to start.

First of all excuse the delay please. I had to work a lot this week and I also wanted to
take my attention away from women, pick up and basically just have a mental holiday.

The second thing I'd like to clarify if I may is that, when I quoted the word "game", I was referring to my game, not the book by our friend Mr. Strauss. I'm also aware that "Style" and the "mystery method" are often frowned upon somewhat amongst UK puas, as many here prefer La Ruina's more natural approach. But just to clarify, I take my ideas from a variety of sources and I am still learning.

A few people mentioned that I would look back and see a lame post in a few weeks or months. I looked at it and thought that the next day to be honest. However, that said, even if it sounds strange I'm still glad I wrote it. I felt a strange pang of frustration and I'll admit, jealousy. Kowalski made some good points on that. I mean no disrespect to kowalski in any way, in fact he's probably one of my favourite posters here actually; but everything he said I practically already knew was coming. I knew what to expect as a reply even before it was written. I think more than anything else, due to my somewhat mediterranean character I just needed to release my emotions, and I do believe it's better to look like a sissy here than in front of women. I think that's not such bad thing, as in person I did and am still holding a strong frame. I did have contact with the girl in question this week and I feel that I handled the situation very well. Another student even made a joke about her asking the other teacher out, which i ackowledged but did not react to non verbally. I maintained my posture and body langauge and did not make any facial reactions (more on that later).

smiley k, your thoughts on power are spot on and the thought had occured to me also. Thank you. That was one of the best responses. Also your thoughts on hitting on non students were pretty spot on also, which goes hand in hand with amit1207's point that the attention can become somewhat addictive. There are two things to consider here:

I speak objectively, not in arrogance but as I'm reasonably good looking and also quite young considering I'm a teacher, whenever I walk into a class full of teenage spanish girls/ young women the flirtacious commments, whispering etc starts immediately. In Italy they are slightly more discreet, I suppose half way between Spanish and northern european girls culturally speaking, but it's more or less the same. It is very addictive I admit and whilst I would contest that I HAVE become better at picking up in the last year so, I may have neglected my inner game somewhat, as my ego was still being fuelled by this attention. Hence, when I go through a dry spell of less admirers, or if one of my little favourite is taken away from me, I feel a bit of a shock. Perhaps this is actually a bigger problem than my game (you know what I mean) as such. I can still sarge reasonably well when I'm in the right frame of mind and I get women interested in me relatively easily, either in or out of work. However, I am sometimes struggling to maintain attraction. So, there is certainly work to be done. Furthermore, another lesson here is that looks essentially count for fuck all. The other guy in this school is reasonably good looking also and already the girls that were making a fuss over him last week are already writing messages on each others walls on facebook saying "actually, I dont think he's that great". It seems the sheep are going to come back to the old shepherd anyway.

The second point with regards these comments is that when teaching, I am already in a position of power, which under the (sorry) mystery method would mean that A1 and A2 are pretty much done for me already without any need to find a hook point... no need for false time constraints, not too many negs (although they can still be useful in small doses sometimes). One could therefore argue that I am not maximising my potential to practise my game as probably about 80% of the women I hit on, I already have a position of authority over them. So again, you're spot on. I need to go out into the clubs more often and practise on non students and also hit on my students friends instead of my actual students. Good looking out boys, thank you (smiley and amit).

Ajay, I deserved what I got. But see above. None the less thank you too... for telling it like it is.

Stein, your post was certainly one of the most helpful and accurate. Thank you also. As mentioned above, I think the key is to get out of the comfort zone a bit more.

Kamarda, your post was indeed the most felt. You seem to know exactly how I felt and I'm sure you've been where I was. It was direct, but it was needed. Thanks.

In closing, I repeat: I admit unconditionally that the post was lame, but I'm still glad I wrote it. I feel this is the right place to come. When I'm in a sound frame of mind I can write some pretty good posts I feel I am psychology/ sociology grad after all. But this is like driving, you can have all the theory in the world but it doesn't necessarily guarantee that you can coherently drive a car. I almost crashed, which means I need to be more careful and pay a bit more attention to what I'm doing, put the theory into practice.

However, all the feedback here was very useful and I am grateful chaps. Even the most negative posts were good advice, there was no bad advice here. Thankyou

Last edited by traptinrome; 22-10-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar, typing too quickly!