View Single Post
(#10)
Old

Default 10-10-2011, 02:12 AM

I read all with great interest.

Obviously this is, for the most part a refresher of the fundamental thinking of the community... and also a reminder of some of it's minor differences of opinion therein.

If I may chip in, I think knave and Phil are both right to a certain extent, perhaps when Phil said "just have fun with her" this is one of the absolutely most important things, fundamental in fact.

However, I can also see where Phil is coming from about not bothering to get her to qualify herself to you. I think a lot of rAFCs fuck up whilst on the training wheels because they neg and disqualify the hell out of HB6s and HB7s (who know that there are a good number of HB8s and 9s in the set, or social setting; therefore having rather fragile egos). Furthermore, a 6 or a 7 (perhaps 8s also) are used to having "naturals" inviting them to qualify themselves to them anyway, so it's not something new to them (which is what we want to give her).

That said, I really do believe that getting a 9 or 10 to jump through your loops and qualify herself to you is really powerful, because even naturals/rich guys/brad pitt lookalikes will usually try to qualify themselves to 9s/10s. When you do this to her, it further reinforces the "make yourself a challenge part" and also gives her something she's either never had or very seldom had before.

In my opinion it's a little beauty.