View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Is what it is and thats how it is - 14-09-2011, 12:35 AM

So I read Blancas thread on how he's not happy about his hometown and started to look to move to Manchester for brighter things. I was really impressed with how he took a risk and put it all on the line. Fair enough it didnt work out for him this time but he did try.

Im facing a similar predicament myself. One of my main loves and passions in life is my Martial Arts. I train a lot of MMA & Brazilian JiuJitsu (BJJ) around Leeds and W. Yorkshire. Whilst the training facilites round here are good there is an amazing training facility in Mansfield where my Head BJJ coach is based (around 1.5hr drive). Its not feasible to make the drive everyday and in my current job I work shift patterns which makes some weeks impossible to train.

The guys who have been training in Mansfield have had some of the best sucess rates at competitions in both grappling and MMA. A friend of mine has been training there a few times a week for the past 18 months and his skill level has increased at a phenomenal rate.

/cliched macho training quotes

The way I see it is that iron forges iron and steel sharpens steel. To be the best you need to train with the best. You cant train with the puppies and then expect to run with the wolves.

/cliched macho training quotes

So what im saying is that I want in on this super amazing training and for me I believe the best thing to do is to find a job down there, up sticks and find myself a house/flat share, therefore allowing myself to commit to 5-6 training sessions a week with some very high level coaches and therefore becoming an awesome super mega phenom.

I was wondering if any of you guys have any similar experiences or faced somewhat similar predicaments as mine and how it went, wether it was good or bad. Any advice any of you might have would be appriciated. Thanks!