View Single Post
(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA
Bounce Back Champion

Default Day Game Blues - 24-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Maaan, this is a toughie at the moment but one I need to crack.

I don't do outings specifically for daygame, but would be nice to take the opportunities presented when I'm on my way somewhere or out doing something. Today I was out in central London and when the sun is out, and as those of us in the Big Smoke know, it is a bazaar of beauties.

I apply pressure to myself, and the fear then kicks in. When I thought about this on the way home I laughed; when I was younger (15-18), me and my friends used to approach girls on the street ALL the time! So what the fuck happened between then and now?

It's that old nemesis Social Conditioning. But at the same time, I think about some awesome conversations I've had with complete strangers. In my line of work (teaching), a lot of us suffer from perfectionism. This has transferred into my daygame, where I'm looking for the Perfect Approach. There is no such thing - the game is meant to be messy.

Then as I pulled into my station, these lines from a Luther Vandross song sprung into my head:

"Don't care if I get rejected,
At least then I won't regret it"

Regret > Rejection. That is all. The time is coming to face the fear head-on.

'I've never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline.' - Vince Lombardi

'The secret of happiness is not discovered in the absence of trials, but in the midst of them' - Ted Nace