View Single Post
(#19)
Old
Deleted

Default 23-08-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAJay View Post
You should read the article. The problem isn't so much that people are bad for bad reasons, more so that we are essentially flawed because of our inability to comprehend more than 150 people as a part of our emotional reality.

Grey. Everything is grey and reminding ourselves of this when we make judgements is important to ensure we're not doing the same. You're doing exactly what you're complaining about right now Alpha, judging millions of people as a single entity because you're unable to comprehend them within the limitations of the 150 emotional reality.
Yeah this is true, I will read the article tonight.. and I am being very judgmental and stereotyping billions of people, and it may be because I cannot grasp them all in my emotional reality..

But, whenever I am in public, seeing or talking to brand new people, I am kind and nice. If somebody was in a queue and didn't have enough money for their coffee, I'd help um out. If someone looks down or sad, I will ask if they are okay, things like that.. I'll gladly talk to someone in the lift in a dead silence..

But over the years I have noticed that the general majority aren't like that. There are many nice and kind people, but just from seeing out of my own eyes, it SEEMS that the majority are the opposite, and I don't understand why..

But I feel like this thread has gone way off the rails and think I may start a new one after some thinking on this subject...

Thanks Phil for the original post and thanks Jay for some thought provoking posts on this thread