View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA
Starcastle Champion

Default 22-08-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAJay View Post
Opposed to making yourself into something you want to be. Stop seeing it as changing the self, instead simply start doing the things that you want to do without the fears that hold you back from doing them.

In essence, if it's something you want to do, then do it. That is in fact being yourself. Fears create a dishonest actions, or at least actions that aren't entirely what you want to do.

Simply being and doing the things we want to do is being honest and being ourselves. Fears are the things that create dishonest social personas based on a fear of judgement of just being yourself.

Remember that confidence isn't really a tangible thing, it is merely the absence of fear. When you have no fear you just do stuff and you do it honestly, or at least to the extent of what your true persona is.

I think that, in essence, the advice "Be yourself" has been lost, or at least the strength of it above has been.

I don't pretend to be my true self 100% of the time, I don't think anyone can be, (though K might disagree with me in regards to himself here). I think that striving for this is not only beneficial in terms of the results it gets but it is the healthiest mental goal as well.

I say this not at all in argument of your post Phil, it's an addition and slight rewording of your change/rebrand advice. I don't think it's so much a case of needing to rebrand, people aren't showing off their brand in the first place.

Just be real.
ill be honest i found that post hard to read.

what i do believe is BE REAL, BE YOURSELF all that basis is the reason people cant change..

you have to be someone else first before it becomes you.

thats called learning... so if pretending your a cool ass mo fo, until you realise u are a cool ass mo fo without trying anymore

means u had to pretend to be to get to be.

if it means being somone your not, to get to be who you want... then FUCK MORALS & GENERAL IDEAS!!!

if your doing it, it is the real u... coz ur doin it.

In reality you are to other people their perception of you

In your reality you are how you perceive yourself.

get real... image is everythin

* Insert Funny Tag Line *
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil For This Useful Post:
Lovefish (23-08-2011)